- Inflections of 'muddy' (adjadjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house."):
- adj comparative
- adj superlative
- Inflections of 'muddy' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Thesaurus © 2020
Sense: Adjective: covered in mud
covered in mud
, covered in muck
, caked in mud
Sense: Adjective: deep with mud
swampy, boggy, marshy, sludgy
Sense: Adjective: containing sediment
, see through
, crystal clear
Sense: Verb: confuse
Sense: Verb: make dirty
, make sth muddy
, make sth dirty
'muddy' also found in these entries: