- Inflections of 'goose' (nnoun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc.):
- nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors." (Senses relating to prodding or stimulating only)
- nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors." (All other countable usages)
- Inflections of 'goose' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Thesaurus © 2020
Sense: Noun: poultry bird
, domestic fowl
, game bird
Sense: Noun: fool - slang
, silly mare
, daft ha'p'orth
'goose' also found in these entries: