- (of food, esp meat) cooked thoroughly
- made or accomplished satisfactorily
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
ˈwell-ˈdone, adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- performed accurately and skillfully.
- Food(of meat) thoroughly cooked.
well-done (wel′dun′),USA pronunciation adj.
- performed accurately and diligently;
executed with skill and efficiency.
- (of meat) thoroughly cooked, esp. until all redness is gone.
- Middle English 1150–1200
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
well-done adj (well done when postpositive)
'well done' also found in these entries: