- a large amount of money and valuable material possessions
- the state of being rich
- a great profusion: a wealth of gifts
- all goods and services with monetary, exchangeable, or productive value
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
wealth /wɛlθ/USA pronunciation n.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Business[uncountable] a great deal of money, property, or possessions.
- a large amount of something;
an abundance:[countable]a wealth of information.
wealth (welth),USA pronunciation n.
- Businessa great quantity or store of money, valuable possessions, property, or other riches:the wealth of a city.
- an abundance or profusion of anything;
plentiful amount:a wealth of imagery.
- all things that have a monetary or exchange value.
- anything that has utility and is capable of being appropriated or exchanged.
- rich or valuable contents or produce:the wealth of the soil.
- the state of being rich;
affluence:persons of wealth and standing.
- 1200–50; Middle English welth (see well1, -th1); modeled on health
- 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged richness, amplitude, fullness.
- 3.See corresponding entry in Unabridged a. possessions, assets, goods, property, money.
- 5.See corresponding entry in Unabridged opulence, fortune.
- 5.See corresponding entry in Unabridged poverty.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
wealth /wɛlθ/ n
'wealth' also found in these entries:
Audhumla - Brahmin - Classical school - Croesus - Cíbola - Diwali - Golconda - Plutus - above - abundance - accumulate - accumulative - acquisitive - advantage - adventurer - adventuress - affectation - affected - affluence - affluent - affluential - aggrandize - ambition - ambitious - aristocracy - arrive - arriviste - avarice - before - begrudgery - better - big - boast - bonanza - brass ring - bride price - cameralist - capital - capitalism - captain - caste - cattle - chattel - circle - classical economics - coast - come - comedown - comfort - commercial