- an object reproduced in wax, esp as an ornament
- a life-size lifelike figure, esp of a famous person, reproduced in wax
- (plural; functioning as singular or plural) a museum or exhibition of wax figures or objects
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
wax•work /ˈwæksˌwɜrk/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- a life-size wax figure of a person.
- waxworks, a wax museum.
wax•work (waks′wûrk′),USA pronunciation n.
- a figure, ornament, or other object made of wax, or esp. the life-size effigy of a person.
- Plant Biologythe bittersweet, Celastrus scandens.
- wax1 + work 1690–1700
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
waxwork /ˈwæksˌwɜːk/ n