- the voluntary relinquishment, expressly or by implication, of some claim or right
- the act or an instance of relinquishing a claim or right
- a formal statement in writing of such relinquishment
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
waiv•er /ˈweɪvɚ/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Lawthe giving up of a right, done deliberately, willingly, or on purpose.
- Lawa written statement containing a waiver.
waiv•er (wā′vər),USA pronunciation n. [Law.]
- an intentional relinquishment of some right, interest, or the like.
- an express or written statement of such relinquishment.
- Anglo-French weyver, noun, nominal use of weyver to waive; see -er3
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
waiver /ˈweɪvə/ n
'waiver' also found in these entries: