- Brit a long shallow basket made of curved strips of wood and used for carrying flowers, fruit, etc
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
trug (trug, trŏŏg),USA pronunciation n. [Brit.]
- British Termsa shallow basket for carrying flowers, vegetables, etc., made from strips of wood.
- British Termsa shallow wooden milk pan.
- British Termsa wooden tray for holding mortar.
- origin, originally uncertain 1570–80
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
trug /trʌɡ/ n