WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
tri•um•phant /traɪˈʌmfənt/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- having achieved a triumph:a triumphant army.
- rejoicing because of success:They were triumphant when they got the building contract.
tri•um•phant (trī um′fənt),USA pronunciation adj.
- having achieved victory or success;
- exulting over victory;
rejoicing over success;
- [Archaic.]triumphal (def. 1).
- Latin triumphant-, stem of triumphāns, present participle of triumphāre to triumph. See triumph, -ant
'triumphantly' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):