WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
the•os•o•phy /θiˈɑsəfi/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Religiona form of philosophical or religious thought based on a mystical view of divine nature.
the•os•o•phy (thē os′ə fē),USA pronunciation n.
(thē os′ə fē),USA pronunciation the′o•soph′ic, adj.
- Religionany of various forms of philosophical or religious thought based on a mystical insight into the divine nature.
- Religion, Eastern Religions(often caps.) the system of belief and practice of the Theosophical Society.
- Late Greek theosophía. See theo, -sophy
- Medieval Latin theosophia
'theosophical' also found in these entries: