- a person who teases
- a preliminary advertisement in a campaign that attracts attention by making people curious to know what product is being advertised
- a difficult question
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
teas•er (tē′zər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person or thing that teases.
- Show Business[Theat.]a drapery or flat piece across the top of the proscenium arch that masks the flies and that, together with the tormentors, forms a frame for the stage opening.
- Printing, Journalismkicker (def. 9).
- an advertisement that lures customers or clients by offering a bonus, gift, or the like.
- Radio and Television, Show Business, Slang Terms[Television Slang.]tease (def. 5).
- 1350–1400; Middle English teser machine for teasing wool; see tease, -er1
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
teaser /ˈtiːzə/ n
'teaser' also found in these entries: