- relating to or situated over the eyebrow or a corresponding region in lower animals
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
su•per•cil•i•ar•y (so̅o̅′pər sil′ē er′ē),USA pronunciation adj. [Anat., Zool.]
- of or pertaining to the eyebrow.
- Zoologyhaving a conspicuous line or marking over the eye, as certain birds.
- situated on the frontal bone at the level of the eyebrow.
- supercili(um) + -ary 1725–35
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
superciliary /ˌsuːpəˈsɪlɪərɪ/ adj
'superciliary' also found in these entries: