- a person who is habitually negligent in appearance, hygiene, or work
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
slov•en (sluv′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who is habitually negligent of neatness or cleanliness in dress, appearance, etc.
- a person who works, acts, speaks, etc., in a negligent, slipshod manner.
- Middle Dutch slof careless (Dutch slof careless, sloven to toil) + -inne feminine noun, nominal suffix
- late Middle English sloveyn, perh. 1400–50
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
sloven /ˈslʌvən/ n
'sloven' also found in these entries: