- an illness or disease
- nausea or queasiness
- the state or an instance of being sick
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Pathology a particular disease or malady:[countable]Which sickness is he suffering from?
- Pathology the state or an instance of being sick;
illness:[uncountable]She wants to fight sickness and hunger.
queasiness:[uncountable]some sickness in her stomach from the car ride.
- Pathologya particular disease or malady.
- Pathologythe state or an instance of being sick;
- Middle English siknesse, seknesse, Old English sēocnesse. See sick1, -ness bef. 1000