- someone who looks after someone or something
- short for childminder
- slang an aide to someone in public life, esp a politician or political candidate, who keeps control of press and public relations
- slang someone acting as a bodyguard, guard, or assistant, esp in the criminal underworld
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
mind•er (mīn′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- British Terms[Chiefly Brit.]a person who looks after something (usually used in combination):a baby-minder.
- British TermsSee foster child.
- late Middle English: one who remembers. See mind, -er1 1400–50
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
minder /ˈmaɪndə/ n