- an organized search, usually by police, for a wanted man or fugitive
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
man•hunt /ˈmænˌhʌnt/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- an intensive search for a person, esp. a criminal.
man•hunt (man′hunt′),USA pronunciation n.
- an intensive search for a criminal, suspect, escaped convict, etc., as by law enforcement agencies.
- an intensive search for any person.
- man1 + hunt 1835–45, American.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
manhunt /ˈmænˌhʌnt/ n