- ordinary handwriting, in which letters, words, etc, are set down in full, as opposed to shorthand or to typing
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
long•hand /ˈlɔŋˌhænd, ˈlɑŋ-/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- writing of the ordinary kind, in which words are written out in full:His longhand was hardly readable.
long•hand (lông′hand′, long′-),USA pronunciation n.
- writing of the ordinary kind, in which words are written out in full (distinguished from shorthand).
- using longhand:longhand writing.
- written in longhand:a longhand account of the meeting.
- long1 + hand 1660–70
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
longhand /ˈlɒŋˌhænd/ n
'longhand' also found in these entries: