WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
law•less /ˈlɔlɪs/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- lacking regard for the law:a lawless country.
a lawless crew.
- illegal:lawless activities.
law•less (lô′lis),USA pronunciation adj.
- contrary to or without regard for the law:lawless violence.
- being without law;
uncontrolled by a law;
- illegal:bootleggers' lawless activity.
- Middle English laweles. See law1, -less 1150–1200
'lawlessness' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):