WordReference can't find this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "lacustrine" is displayed below.
Also see: age
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
(lə kus′trin),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to a lake.
- living or growing in lakes, as various organisms.
- Geologyformed at the bottom or along the shore of lakes, as geological strata.
- Italian lacustr(e) of lakes + -ine1
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
lacustrine /ləˈkʌstraɪn/ adj
Etymology: 19th Century: from Italian lacustre, from Latin lacus lake
- of or relating to lakes
- living or growing in or on the shores of a lake