WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
in•dis•tinct /ˌɪndɪˈstɪŋkt/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- not distinct:indistinct markings.
- not clearly distinguishable:an indistinct shape.
in•dis•tinct (in′di stingkt′),USA pronunciation adj.
- not distinct;
not clearly marked or defined:indistinct markings.
- not clearly distinguishable or perceptible, as to the eye, ear, or mind:He heard an indistinct muttering.
- not distinguishing clearly:After the accident he suffered from indistinct vision and faulty hearing.
- Latin indistinctus. See in-3, distinct
- 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged blurred, clouded, dim.
'indistinctly' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):