- an archaic word for hurrah
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
huz•zah (hə zä′),USA pronunciation interj.
- (used as an exclamation of joy, applause, appreciation, etc.) hurrah!
- the exclamation "huzzah.''
- an instance of giving praise or applause;
accolade:The newspaper's review was one big huzzah for the new movie.
- to shout "huzzah.''
- to salute with huzzahs.
- 1565–75; variant of earlier hussa, hissa sailors' cry; see hoise
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
huzzah /həˈzɑː/ interj , n , vb
'huzzah' also found in these entries: