- farming, esp when regarded as a science, skill, or art
- management of affairs and resources
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
hus•band•ry /ˈhʌzbəndri/USA pronunciation n. [uncountable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Agriculturethe growing of crops and the raising of farm animals.
- careful management of resources.
hus•band•ry (huz′bən drē),USA pronunciation n.
- Agriculture, Animal Husbandrythe cultivation and production of edible crops or of animals for food;
- Agriculture, Animal Husbandrythe science of raising crops or food animals.
- careful or thrifty management;
frugality, thrift, or conservation.
- the management of domestic affairs or of resources generally.
- Middle English housebondrie. See husband, -ry 1250–1300
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
husbandry /ˈhʌzbəndrɪ/ n
'husbandry' also found in these entries: