- herbaceous plants collectively, esp the edible parts on which cattle, sheep, etc, graze
- the vegetation of pasture land; pasturage
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
herb•age (ûr′bij, hûr′-),USA pronunciation n.
- Botanynonwoody vegetation.
- Botanythe succulent parts, leaves and stems, of herbaceous plants.
- Lawthe right to pasture one's cattle on another's land.
- British Termsvegetation grazed by animals;
- French; see herb, -age
- Middle English 1350–1400
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
herbage /ˈhɜːbɪdʒ/ n
'herbage' also found in these entries: