- pains in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children during a period of unusually rapid growth
- difficulties besetting a new enterprise in its early stages
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- dull, quasi-rheumatic pains of varying degree in the limbs during childhood and adolescence, often popularly associated with the process of growing.
- emotional difficulties experienced during adolescence and preadulthood.
- difficulties attending any new project or any rapid development of an existing project:a city plagued with growing pains.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
growing pains pl n