- a light thin leno-weave fabric of silk, wool, rayon, or nylon, used esp for dresses
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Textilesa thin fabric of leno weave in silk, nylon, rayon, or wool.
- French, perh. after Granada, Spain. See -ine1
gren•a•dine2 (gren′ə dēn′, gren′ə dēn′),USA pronunciation n.
- Food, Winea syrup made from pomegranate juice.
- French, diminutive of grenade pomegranate. See grenade, -ine1
- a syrup made from pomegranate juice, used as a sweetening and colouring agent in various drinks