- a small globe, esp a drop of liquid
- a small dark nebula thought to be a site of star formation
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
glob•ule /ˈglɑbyul/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- a small spherical particle, like a drop:a globule of sweat.
glob•ule (glob′yo̅o̅l),USA pronunciation n.
- a small spherical body.
- AstronomySee Bok globule.
- Latin globulus. See globe, -ule
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
globule /ˈɡlɒbjuːl/ n
'globule' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):