WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020 fuck
(fuk),USA pronunciation [Vulgar.]v.t.
- Slang Termsto have sexual intercourse with.
- Slang Termsto treat unfairly or harshly.
- Slang Termsto have sexual intercourse.
- Slang Termsto meddle (usually fol. by around or with).
- Slang Termsfuck around:
- to behave in a frivolous or meddlesome way.
- to engage in promiscuous sex.
- Slang Termsfuck off:
- to shirk one's duty;
- go away: used as an exclamation of impatience.
- to waste time.
- Slang Termsfuck up:
- to bungle or botch;
- to act stupidly or carelessly;
- Slang Terms(used to express anger, disgust, peremptory rejection, etc., often fol. by a pronoun, as you orit. )
- Slang Termsan act of sexual intercourse.
- Slang Termsa partner in sexual intercourse.
- Slang Termsa person, esp. one who is annoying or contemptible.
- Slang Termsgive a fuck, to care;
- Slang Termsthe fuck, (used as an intensifier, esp. with WH-questions, to express annoyance, impatience, etc.)
- akin to Middle Dutch fokken to thrust, copulate with, Swedish dialect, dialectal focka to copulate with, strike, push, fock penis 1495–1505
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
fuck /fʌk/ taboo slang vb
- to have sexual intercourse with (someone)
- an act of sexual intercourse
- a partner in sexual intercourse, esp one of specified competence or experience
- not care a fuck, not give a fuck ⇒ not to care at all
Etymology: 16th Century: of Germanic origin; related to Middle Dutch fokken to strike
- offensive an expression of strong disgust or anger (often in exclamatory phrases such as fuck you! fuck it! etc)
'fuck' also found in these entries: