- (prenominal) happening in due course of time; ultimate: the eventual outcome was his defeat
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
e•ven•tu•al /ɪˈvɛntʃuəl/USA pronunciation adj. [before a noun]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- happening at some time in the future;
ultimate: His mistakes led to his eventual dismissal.
e•ven•tu•al (i ven′cho̅o̅ əl),USA pronunciation adj.
- happening at some indefinite future time or after a series of occurrences;
ultimate:His mistakes led to his eventual dismissal.
- depending upon uncertain events;
- Latin ēventu(s) event + -al1, modeled of French éventuel
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged subsequent, consequent, later, resulting.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
eventual /ɪˈvɛntʃʊəl/ adj
'eventual' also found in these entries:
Alzheimer's disease - Canal Zone - Christ - Civil War - Dutch elm disease - King - Leopold III - Vietnam - Volsunga Saga - Zenger - consentual - damping-off - equity-linked policy - eventuality - eventually - historical materialism - kundalini - mobility - oak-root rot - pardon - retinitis pigmentosa - run - tax certificate - unruly