- strong coffee made by forcing steam or boiling water through ground coffee beans
- an apparatus for making coffee in this way
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
es•pres•so /ɛˈsprɛsoʊ/USA pronunciation n., pl. -sos for 2.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Food[uncountable] a strong coffee prepared by forcing steam through finely ground dark-roast coffee beans.
- [countable] a cup of espresso.
es•pres•so (e spres′ō),USA pronunciation n., pl. -sos.
- Fooda strong coffee prepared by forcing live steam under pressure, or boiling water, through ground dark-roast coffee beans.
- Fooda cup of this coffee.
- Italian (caffè) espresso pressed (coffee)
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
espresso /ɛˈsprɛsəʊ/ n ( pl -sos)
'espresso' also found in these entries: