WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
en•er•get•ic /ˌɛnɚˈdʒɛtɪk/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- possessing or showing energy;
active:energetic exercise; an energetic personality.
en•er•get•ic (en′ər jet′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- possessing or exhibiting energy, esp. in abundance;
vigorous:an energetic leader.
- powerful in action or effect;
effective:to take energetic measures against crime.
- Greek energētikós, equivalent. to energē- (en- en-2 + ergē-, variant stem of ergeîn to be active; see energy) + -tikos -tic
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged See active.
- 2.See corresponding entry in Unabridged effectual, strong, potent.
'energetically' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):