- (intransitive) often followed by down: to sleep, esp in a dosshouse
- (intransitive) often followed by around: to pass time aimlessly
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
doss (dos),USA pronunciation [Chiefly Brit.]
- British Termsa place to sleep, esp. in a cheap lodging house.
- British Termssleep.
- British Termsto sleep or lie down in any convenient place.
- origin, originally obscure 1775–85
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
doss /dɒs/ Brit slang vb
'doss' also found in these entries: