- a furnace or incinerator for the disposal of refuse, esp one that uses the resulting heat to generate power
- a device used to blow up a dangerously defective missile or rocket after launching
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
de•struc•tor (di struk′tər),USA pronunciation n.
- British Termsa furnace for the burning of refuse;
- Rocketrya destruct mechanism or device for destroying an off-course airborne missile or launch vehicle.
- Late Latin dēstructor, equivalent. to Latin dēstruc- variant stem of dēstruere (see destruction) + -tor -tor
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
destructor /dɪˈstrʌktə/ n
'destructor' also found in these entries: