- a district in NW Northern Ireland, in Co Londonderry. Pop: 106 456 (2003 est). Area: 387 sq km (149 sq miles)
- another name for Londonderry
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
der•ry (der′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries.
- of obscure origin, originally 1545–55
- Place NamesLondonderry (defs. 1, 2).
- Place Namesa town in SE New Hampshire. 18,875.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Derry /ˈdɛrɪ/ n
'derry' also found in these entries: