- a less common word for crop
- the stomach of an animal
- stick in one's craw, stick in one's throat ⇒ informal to be difficult, or against one's conscience, for one to accept, utter, or believe
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
craw (krô),USA pronunciation n.
- Insects, Birdsthe crop of a bird or insect.
- Zoologythe stomach of an animal.
- Idiomsstick in one's craw, to cause considerable or abiding resentment;
rankle:She said I was pompous, and that really stuck in my craw.
- Middle English crawe, probably akin to crag2 1350–1400
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
craw /krɔː/ n
'craw' also found in these entries: