- capable of being counted
- able to be counted using the natural numbers; finite or denumerable
- denoting a count noun
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
count•a•ble /ˈkaʊntəbəl/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- (esp. of a noun, or a meaning of a noun) able to be counted:countable nouns like boy, desk, and ring.
count•a•ble (koun′tə bəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- able to be counted.
- (of a set) having a finite number of elements.
- (of a set) having elements that form a one-to-one correspondence with the natural numbers;
- late Middle English. See count1, -able 1400–50
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
ˈcountable /ˈkaʊntəbəl/ adj
'countable' also found in these entries: