- a horse-drawn carriage with low wheels and a folding top
- a woman's folding hooped hood worn in the 18th century
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ca•lash (kə lash′),USA pronunciation n.
- TransportAlso, calèche. a light vehicle pulled by one or two horses, seating two to four passengers, and having two or four wheels, a seat for a driver on a splashboard, and sometimes a folding top.
- Transporta folding top of a carriage.
- Transportcalèche (def. 1).
- Clothinga bonnet that folds back like the top of a calash, worn by women in the 18th century.
- Czech kolesa carriage, literally, wheels; see wheel
- German Kalesche
- French calèche
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
calash /kəˈlæʃ/, calèche n
'calash' also found in these entries (Many are not synonyms or translations):