- a donkey, esp one used as a pack animal
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
bur•ro /ˈbɜroʊ, ˈbʊroʊ/USA pronunciation n.[countable], pl. -ros.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Mammalsa donkey, esp. a small one used to carry things.
bur•ro (bûr′ō, bŏŏr′ō, bur′ō),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ros.
- Mammalsa small donkey, esp. one used as a pack animal in the southwestern U.S.
- Mammalsany donkey.
- Vulgar Latin *burriccus for Late Latin burrīcus pony
- Portuguese, back formation from burrico ass
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
burro /ˈbʊrəʊ/ n ( pl -ros)
'burro' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):