- a one-storey house, sometimes with an attic
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
bun•ga•low /ˈbʌŋgəˌloʊ/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Architecturea small house or summer cottage.
bun•ga•low (bung′gə lō′),USA pronunciation n.
- Architecture, Buildinga cottage of one story.
- Building, Architecture, British Empire(in India) a one-storied thatched or tiled house, usually surrounded by a veranda.
- Architecture, Building(in the U.S.) a derivation of the Indian house type, popular esp. during the first quarter of the 20th century, usually having one and a half stories, a widely bracketed gable roof, and a multi-windowed dormer and frequently built of rustic materials.
- Hindi banglā literally, of Bengal
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
bungalow /ˈbʌŋɡəˌləʊ/ n
'bungalow' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):