- a powerful tractor fitted with caterpillar tracks and a blade at the front, used for moving earth, rocks, etc
- informal a person who bulldozes
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
bull•doz•er /ˈbʊlˌdoʊzɚ/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Civil Engineeringa large, powerful tractor having a large blade at the front end.
bull•doz•er (bŏŏl′dō′zər),USA pronunciation n.
- Civil Engineeringa large, powerful tractor having a vertical blade at the front end for moving earth, tree stumps, rocks, etc.
- a person who intimidates or coerces.
- 1875–80, American; 1925–30 for def. 1; bulldoze + -er1
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
bulldozer /ˈbʊlˌdəʊzə/ n
'bulldozer' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):