WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
bulk•y /ˈbʌlki/USA pronunciation adj., -i•er, -i•est.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- of large bulk:bulky packages.
- Textileslarge or big:The fashion was for bulky sweaters.
bulk•y (bul′kē),USA pronunciation adj., bulk•i•er, bulk•i•est.
- of relatively large and cumbersome bulk or size.
- Clothing(of a fabric or yarn) thick;
- Clothing(of a garment) made of thick, resilient fabric or yarn:a bulky sweater.
- bulk1 + -y1 1665–75
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged . massive, ponderous, unwieldy, clumsy.
'bulkiness' also found in these entries: