- stained by or covered in blood
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
blood•stained /ˈblʌdˌsteɪnd/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- stained with blood.
- guilty of murder or bloodshed:a warlike people known for their bloodstained history.
blood•stained (blud′stānd′),USA pronunciation adj.
- stained with blood:a bloodstained knife.
- guilty of murder, slaughter, or bloodshed.
- 1590–1600; blood + stained; see stain, -ed2
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
ˈbloodˌstained /ˈblʌdˌsteɪnd/ adj
'bloodstained' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):