- the sloping face adjacent to the working edge of a cutting tool
- the upper oblique faces of a cut gem
- a grooved ring or part holding a gem, watch crystal, etc
- a retaining outer rim used in vehicle instruments, e.g. in tachometers and speedometers
- a small indicator light used in vehicle instrument panels
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
bez•el (bez′əl),USA pronunciation n.
- BuildingAlso, basil. the diagonal face at the end of the blade of a chisel, or the like, leading to the edge.
- that part of a ring, bracelet, etc., to which gems are attached.
- crown (def. 27).
- Jewelrya grooved ring or rim holding a gem, watch crystal, etc., in its setting.
- Automotivethe part of a vehicle's bodywork that surrounds a light.
- akin to French biseau bevel, chamfer 1605–15
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
bezel /ˈbɛzəl/ n
'bezel' also found in these entries: