- an upholstered bench
- (formerly) a raised part behind a parapet
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ban•quette (bang ket′; locally bang′kit for 3),USA pronunciation n.
- Furniturea long bench with an upholstered seat, esp. one along a wall, as in a restaurant.
- Civil Engineeringan embankment for buttressing the base of a levee and forming a berm.
- Dialect Terms[Chiefly Coastal Louisiana and East Texas.]a sidewalk, esp. a raised one of bricks or planks.
- [Fort.]a platform or step along the inside of a parapet, for soldiers to stand on when firing.
- Furniturea ledge running across the back of a buffet.
- a bench for passengers on top of a stagecoach.
- Provencal banqueta, equivalent. to banc bench (see bank3) + -eta -ette
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
banquette /bæŋˈkɛt/ n