- a soldier's broad shoulder belt having small pockets or loops for cartridges
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
ban•do•leer or ban•do•lier/ˌbændəˈlɪr/USA pronunciation n. [countable]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- Militarya wide belt with small loops or pockets for bullets, worn over the shoulder by soldiers.
ban•do•leer (ban′dl ēr′),USA pronunciation n.
- Militarya broad belt worn over the shoulder by soldiers and having a number of small loops or pockets, for holding a cartridge or cartridges.
- Latin -ārius -ary; compare -eer)
- Spanish bando band1) + -er
- Catalan bandolera, feminine derivative of bandoler member of a band of men (bandol (
- Middle French bandoulliere
- earlier bandollier 1570–80
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
bandolier, bandoleer /ˌbændəˈlɪə/ n
'bandoleer' also found in these entries: