- a narrow French stick loaf
- a small gem cut as a long rectangle
- a small moulding having a semicircular cross section
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ba•guette (ba get′),USA pronunciation n.
- Jewelrya rectangular shape given to a small gem, esp. a diamond, by cutting and polishing.
- a gem having this shape.
- Architecturea small convex molding, esp. one of semicircular section.
- Fooda long, narrow loaf of French bread.
- Latin baculus) + -etta -ette
- Italian bacchetta little stick, equivalent. to bacch(io) stick (
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
baguette, baguet /bæˈɡɛt/ n
'baguette' also found in these entries: