- avoiding contact; not gregarious
- unconcerned about the welfare of others
- hostile to society or social practices
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
a•so•cial /eɪˈsoʊʃəl/USA pronunciation adj.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- not social;
withdrawn from society;
not caring about normal standards of behavior.
a•so•cial (ā sō′shəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- not sociable or gregarious;
withdrawn from society.
- indifferent to or averse to conforming to conventional standards of behavior.
- inconsiderate of others;
- a-6 + social 1880–85
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
asocial /eɪˈsəʊʃəl/ adj
'asocial' also found in these entries: