WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
(ā′pēr ē od′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
(ā′pēr ē od′ik),USA pronunciation n.
- not periodic; irregular.
- Physicsof or pertaining to vibrations or oscillations with no apparent period.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
aperiodic /ˌeɪpɪərɪˈɒdɪk/ adj
aperiodicity /ˌeɪpɪərɪəˈdɪsɪtɪ/ n
- not periodic; not occurring at regular intervals
- (of a system or instrument) being damped sufficiently to reach equilibrium without oscillation
- (of an oscillation or vibration) not having a regular period
- (of an electrical circuit) not having a measurable resonant frequency
'aperiodic' also found in these entries: