- another word for hermaphrodite
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
an•dro•gyne (an′drə jīn′),USA pronunciation n.
- Botanyan androgynous plant.
- Medicinean androgynous person, as one who chooses unisex clothing.
- Medicinea female pseudohermaphrodite.
- Medicinea being of ambiguous sexual identity;
one that combines major aspects of both the male and the female.
- Greek andrógynos hermaphrodite, equivalent. to andro- andro- + gyn- gyn- + -os masculine noun, nominal suffix
- Latin androgynus
- Middle French
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
androgyne /ˈændrəˌdʒaɪn/ n
'androgyne' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):