- a turning away; estrangement
- the state of being an outsider or the feeling of being isolated, as from society
- a state in which a person's feelings are inhibited so that eventually both the self and the external world seem unreal
- the transfer of property, as by conveyance or will, into the ownership of another
- the right of an owner to dispose of his property
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
- a feeling of isolation or separation from one's surroundings.
- the act of alienating.
- the state of being alienated.
- Lawa transfer of the title to property by one person to another;
- the state of being withdrawn or isolated from the objective world, as through indifference or disaffection.
- Statisticsthe lack of correlation in the variation of two measurable variates over a population.
- Latin aliēnātiōn- (stem of aliēnātiō), equivalent. to aliēnāt(us) (see alienate) + -iōn- -ion
- Middle English 1350–1400