- (postpositive) highly impatient, eager, or curious
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
a•gog /əˈgɑg/USA pronunciation adj. [be + ~]WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
- highly excited by eagerness, curiosity, anticipation, etc.:was all agog with excitement when she heard the news.
a•gog (ə gog′),USA pronunciation adj.
var. of -agogue.
- highly excited by eagerness, curiosity, anticipation, etc.
- in a state of eager desire;
- Middle French en gogues; see À gogo
- variant of on gog (in phrase set on gog rouse, stir up) 1535–45
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged awestruck, enthralled.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
agog /əˈɡɒɡ/ adj
'agog' also found in these entries: