- the act or process of aggregating
- dispersion in which the individuals of a species are closer together than if they were randomly dispersed
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2020
ag•gre•ga•tion (ag′ri gā′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.:an aggregation of complainants.
- collection into an unorganized whole.
- the state of being so collected.
- Ecology[Biol., Ecol.]a group of organisms of the same or different species living closely together but less integrated than a society.
- Medieval Latin aggregātiōn- (stem of aggregātiō); see aggregate, -ion
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
ˌaggreˈgation /ˌæɡrɪˈɡeɪʃən/ n
'aggregation' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):
Malpighian corpuscle - aethalium - agglomeration - association - band - blastema - brace - bundle - coacervate - collected - collection - colony - congeries - conglomeration - coral - froth - galactic halo - group - haze - jemadar - league - less - lump - mist - nation - parenthesis - population - sign of aggregation - square bracket - swarm - thallus - train